Camera Ambassador is hiring a Grip Truck Technician to work in our tech and rentals department. This position requires managerial skills, customer service, and rental experience. Working alongside the Lead Full Time Tech you will schedule freelancer, manage & oversee equipment from rentals to new inventory. As well as being a confidant for your team.
- Advanced level knowledge of grip and electric equipment, including operation, application, capabilities, limitations, and safety.
- Able to identify and repair of minor damage or broken equipment. Facilitate and coordinate repairs of major damage or broken equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, co-workers, and managers about equipment and anything related to job responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills to train and assist with job responsibilities of freelancer techs & interns.
- Customer service skills, ability to assist clients at prep, check out, or with on-set technical issues.
- Ability to direct and manage other employees.
- Comfortable driving large vehicles.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with distribution.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds above shoulder level without assistance.
- Able to push and pull heavy loads – 50 pound minimum.
- List check all equipment on an order to ensure it’s rental ready and that all equipment is present and compatible.
- Tech check all equipment on an order by cleaning, servicing and testing each piece of equipment to ensure it’s in working condition and upholds the standards of Camera Ambassador’s quality.
- Repair equipment and coordinate repairs with outside repair facilities.
- Train Interns and freelancer techs.
- Process newly acquired incoming and outgoing obsolete equipment (Purchases & Sales).
- Maintain a positive, orderly and efficient work environment.
- Delegate work amongst techs.
- Keep the rental system up to date by updating the workflow.
- Assist Rental Admin with gear questions or concerns to ensure clients experience is a good one.
- Correspondent between Rental Admin & techs for order issues.
- Communicate with clients during preps or pick up
- Organized and ability to communicate when something is not working.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.