Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Zoom Lens
Offering G Master performance in a compact, fast, and versatile form, the Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Zoom Lens is ideal for a range of subjects! It is not only smaller and lighter than the previous generation, but the lens also features a variety of optical, focusing, and handling upgrades, catering to both photo and video applications.
- (1) Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Zoom Lens With Front & Rear Caps
- (1) 82mm UV Protector Screw-On Filter
- (1) Hard Case
$50.00 Day/Weekend Rate
$150.00 Week Rate
$450.00 Month Rate
- Focal Length:
- Front Diameter:
- Filter Diameter:
- Close Focus:
- Iris Blades/ Leaf:
- Intelligent Mount:
G Master Design:
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over the depth of field.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- The rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three standard aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two ED elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
Practical and Intuitive Handling:
- Two Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) autofocus groups offer quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance that is ideal for both stills and video applications.
- The floating focusing system divides the focus group into two separately controlled groups and helps to maintain consistently clear optical performance throughout the zoom and focus ranges.
- Dedicated focus hold button and AF/MF switch for direct tactile control over focus settings.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Front element features a fluorine coating to guard against fingerprints and dust from adhering to it.