The Community Builders Grant
The submission deadline is April 1st, 2019,
Email CommunityBuildersGrant@cameraambassador.com to apply.
Who We Fund?
You. Artists. Storytellers. Filmmakers. Creatives. Script Writers. Producers. Cinematographers with a story. Are you with a creative project that could use the funds and gear? We want to help you!
Are you Eligible?
- A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Must be shot in the Midwest - We are about building our community.
- At least 21 years old.
- A working artist with at least three years of professional experience.
- Students with experience can apply. If you are a student, please mention that in the application.
What to Expect?
After application submission ends, finalists will be notified regarding next steps. Finalist must be comfortable pitching and discussing their project in person. This will take place during Iron Sharpens Iron Feedback Session Relaunch, on May 29th, 2019. Decisions are final and may not be appealed. However, all applicants who are not selected are welcome to apply again for additional future grants. Just because you have not been selected doesn’t mean we don’t value your art contributions in the community! We value you and your work. Due to staff capacity, only the finalists will be contacted.
The following items must be submitted along with filling out a short questionnaire.
- Applicant Registration for Camera Ambassador newsletter, HERE.
- Follow Camera Ambassador on Facebook & Instagram.
- Attach PDF of current script or treatment (it's okay if it’s the first draft).
- Current Budget. (PDF)
- Tentative Production timeline. (PDF)
- PDF highlighting current key partner bios (creators, producers, directors, DP, talent, etc.)
- Your project title and descriptions (250-word max).
- How many days are you shooting? Will the project be completed in one round? (100-word max)
- What is your total funding goal? What is your game plan to raise the additional funds? How much money do you currently have towards that total goal? (100-word max)
- Is this a SAG-AFTRA project? If so, how far are you along in the submission process? (100-word max)
- What are the main influences upon your work as an artist? How does your previous work influence your current project? Use examples, which may include other artists’ work, art movements, cultural heritage, research/work from outside your field, etc. (250-word max)
- How does your project take an original approach? Be as specific as possible. (200-word max)
- What kind of impact—artistic, intellectual, communal, civic, social, etc—do you hope your project will have? What strategies will you employ to achieve the desired impact? (100-word max)
- Who are the specific audiences/communities that you hope to engage or inspire through this project? How will you achieve that? (100-word max)
- What is your distribution plan? Where can people find this film? (100-word max)
- Email Communitybuildersgrant@cameraambassador.com all outlined materials.
- The subject of email- "CB Grant Submission-LAST NAME-YEAR"
- Fill out the grant questionnaire, attach as a PDF.
- Finalists announced May 1st.
- Finalists will pitch at Iron Sharpens Iron Feedback Session Re-launch on May 29th, 2019.
- No long format - This is a short film grant. All submissions must be 15:00 minutes or under. Submit music videos, short narrative films, art films, trailers or any other type of film or video under 15 minutes total. Anything over will not be reviewed.
- Projects must be in advanced stages of the pre-production process. This means projects must have at least one producer attached.
- Gear stipend not redeemable for cash.
- Must include all materials listed to be reviewed.
- Must be used within the determined and discussed timeline.
- Gear is subject to availability, you must lock in gear list as soon as possible.
- All gear subject to Camera Ambassador's regular terms and conditions.
- Camera Ambassador will shoot a BTS video with interviews from grant applicants and key contributors when onset or before.
- Camera Ambassador will shoot BTS photos on set for one day of production. The selected date will be discussed with the artist in advance, determined by the best fit. We don’t want to be in the way!
- If gear credit does not cover the full cost of gear and you are not using personal gear, all other equipment must be rented through Camera Ambassador. We will be happy to work with you on budget.