Ever so often, we ask our team, "Hey CA!...," a common filmmaking question to catch up with what they're working on or how they're doing. This week, we asked our team...
Hey CA, What's in Your Ditty Bag?!
Erica Duffy (@hello.erica.duffy)
1. Snacks!!! & Lacroix :)
2. Cell phone charging bank bc my phone is constantly almost dead
3. Production binder with duplicate prints of anything the director, DP, or a client may ask for (think COIs, no parking signs, sides, etc)
Dominique Chestand (@demigaad)
Head of Marketing
2. Cell phone/Walkie
3. Call Sheet!
Ellen Duffy (@ellen.rose.partain)
1. Flint Lint Roller: I have a dog & cat and these bad boys are amazing!
2. Reusable Water Bottles
Austin Taylor (@astronaut_aus)
1. Assorted Colored Gaff Tape
2. Laser Tape Measure
3. Gear Ties
Eric Silver (@ericsilv3r)
1. My Gerber Suspension NXT multitool–
I often seem to find myself in situations on- and off-set where I need to be handy (let's be honest, I'm always looking to tinker) and it's nice knowing I have an emergency pair of pliers, a knife, a screwdriver, etc. at any moment. Seriously, I'll fix random loose doorknobs I encounter.
2. A flashlight/headlamp-
The world is a dark place! Well, sometimes... I especially like having a headlamp on me so I can use both hands at once while being able to see what I'm doing, and we all know sets, especially studio sets, lend themselves to having a lot of dark corners.
3. Fuji X100S-
On-set, off-set, at home, at the grocery store, anywhere really. I almost always have my Fuji on me in case something catches my eye. It's been through hell and back, yet somehow it's still trucking along. Maybe one day I'll upgrade it...
Johnny Wiehcel (@jawtelevision)
1. Tape ring with multi-colored gaff and paper tape
3. Water bottle
Jordan Graves (@jordan_m_graves)
2. AA Batteries
3. Tape [gaff and spike and paper]